Monday, October 19, 2009

Giving a hand

Part 1

I’ve always been fascinated by women’s on crutches that manage to continue their everyday life accomplishment even with a broken ankle or leg. The woman in front of me was the perfect example of that.

When she took to the cashier, she took off a backpack and took out fruits, vegetables and other things while keeping her balance on her left leg. Her right leg was in a cast stopping below the knee.

I couldn't help noticing how agile she was and how clean her red cast was. Not one mark on the cast. She kept her right leg bent at the knee while she hopped around while her crutches rested against the display case in front of the cashier.

Her jeans skirt fit snug against her tight ass but gave her a perfect look of her injured leg. ON her left foot she was wearing Nike running shoe

After paying, she placed the items back in her backpack since her hands were clearly going to be busy with the crutches.

Her beautiful lips caught my eye as she turned to leave. She’s a very sexy woman in total control even while on crutches, I thought, as I stepped up to pa, I told the clerk that I didn't need a bag for my purchase.

While walking towards my truck, I kept looking at her swinging on her crutches like a pro. It wasn’t the first time that she had been on crutches and that was obvious.

I was transferring the bottles to a small cooler when I heard the most annoying sound that a car can make; nothing, her car didn’t want to start.

She was definitely a woman that loves to control things. It was evident by the frustration that I was witnessing.

“Can I help?” I asked, stepping to her door and praying that she would ask me for help while she crawls out of her car carefully not to stand on her broken leg.

“I would love that…I know nothing at all about cards and with my broken leg…” She said.

There was still a scared look in her eyes but it did not show in her voice. There was something about her. She wasn’t the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen but between her eyes and everything else, there was a little …. Je ne sais quoi.

“Would you like to call someone?” I asked, offering my cell.

“I have a phone. Nobody’s home,” she answered, while giving me that smile again.

Who was supposed to be home? I wondered before she surprised me with

“Could you give me a ride if? If that’s not asking too much after all you don’t know me” the smile still there but there was also a softness in her face. Her skin had a soft look to it that made you want to touch it, kiss it.

“Sure I will be happy to give you a ride home, I'll just make a call first top let them know that I will be a few minutes late.” I said.

She didn’t need help getting out of her car. In seconds she was standing on her strong left leg and the crutches were in position.

She placed her backpack on the floorboard and with my help she hopped into the cab of my truck as I dialed the number. There she was sitting inches from me holding on to her crutches with her cast sitting on top of the backpack.

“Mike, I'm going to be a little late,” I said, trying to abbreviate the call. Trying not to stare at her broken leg. Trying not to stare at these lovely toes at the end of the cast.

“What's up?” he sounded annoyed

“Taking a lady whose car broke down someplace, call you later,” I said

I looked to my passenger for directions. She was crossing her leg with her cast sitting on top of her left knee. Rubbing her toes with her left hand

There were no rings on that hand.

“Do you know Johnston Avenue?” she asked as she placed her broken leg even closer to me. I could almost smell that new cast smell. This was moving fast and I loved it. Helping a poor damsel in distress was fun

“OK, got it,” I said.

“It's not far, I just moved there 5 days ago, the same day I broke my leg” the lady volunteered.

“Bad timing, I’m sorry”

“Yes it was in a way. Back in college I broke my right leg twice while cheerleading at a higher level.” she smiled and I saw the perfect lips that surrounded her white teeth.

Johnston was coming up on the right.

It was so quiet, nobody was saying anything.

“Do you want to know how I broke my leg?” she asked, dreamily. Eh lady I tough off course I want to know

“Sure” I asked, turning to her again and looking at the way her cast looked almost painted on her lower leg and foot.

Pure art I said…

Part 2

1 comment:

  1. Paige, your stories are pure art...love them so much. Please continue, what will happen next? Kind of mysterious with the woman on Johsnton St.

    --Alex

    ReplyDelete